ENGLISH FORUM. Type here your Questions

Toda la información relacionada con el DisplayXR.

Moderador: XRStaff

vincebc
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista
Volante: G25

Re: English Forum. Type here your posts.

Mensaje por vincebc »

There are errors on the control schema, no?
In the new schema, the RCK an SCK input of 74hc595 go respectively to RD2 and RD3. In the old schema, it was the opposite (RCK to RD3, and SCK to RD2).

And, I think the data jumper are false, DATA 0-7 should be on IC3 an data 8-15 on IC2.
kikie

Mensaje por kikie »

Crobol escribió:The definitive manual is in process to be finished (lasts steps) but at the moment only in Spanish. Maybe someone can help us to translate it in other languages.
I can if you want me to. Send me the final manual (English version) when it's ready and I'll see what I can do. BUT, it has to be translated in English first and then I can translate it into my first language.
Crobol escribió:If you don't feel able to build yourself the DisplayXR, you can buy a comercial solution on http://www.LeoBodnar.com

Good Luck
Thanks.

I'm already a member of eksimracing.com and I read your post on racesimcentral.
noalone
Piloto de Pruebas
Piloto de Pruebas

Mensaje por noalone »

vincebc escribió:There are errors on the control schema, no?
In the new schema, the RCK an SCK input of 74hc595 go respectively to RD2 and RD3. In the old schema, it was the opposite (RCK to RD3, and SCK to RD2).

And, I think the data jumper are false, DATA 0-7 should be on IC3 an data 8-15 on IC2.

the error of RCK/SDK is corrected. and the others error are corrected too.

thx so much.
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Volante: DFP
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

fab24
Espectador
Espectador
Volante: DFP custom made F1 wheel

Mensaje por fab24 »

Crobol escribió:Imagen Imagen

New Schemes corrected: Pincha para ir a la descarga Esquemas DisplayXR by Nolaone v1.2
so...are these the ultimate ones ? can I start soldering ? :scratchchin:
noalone
Piloto de Pruebas
Piloto de Pruebas

Mensaje por noalone »

this schematic are corrected and I fix the error, so yo can use it.
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

They are the last ones, but this is a project made with the contribution of amateurs of electronic and Simracing and not much of them are profesionals, so we try do the best than we can... :wink:
fab24
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por fab24 »

Crobol escribió:They are the last ones, but this is a project made with the contribution of amateurs of electronic and Simracing and not much of them are profesionals, so we try do the best than we can... :wink:
not professional .....the best we can...? 8O you gotta be kidding,hermano :lol: that's an amazing stuff,the best I've seen,way better than all the "professional" products out there and you made it available to everybody for FREE :dribble: .....I wish I had an inch of your skill and I will never be thankful enough :alabar:

sorry,my question was not meant to be ironic,I just wanted to make myself sure that those were the schematics to be followed

BTW I made a lot of advertising of your work in my NASCAR league and a couple of guys asked me for an italian translation of your manual....I can help you with the translations if you want me to,both italian and english
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

fab24 escribió:sorry,my question was not meant to be ironic
Don't worry. I don't feel you was ironic but I only try to say than we are not free to find mistakes in this project, but with the help of everyone we can do better.... :union:

The manual is in final stage. It will be published in Spanish but we will need help on translate in other languages. Thanks a lot.
in my NASCAR league
Fab, you are from NROS?? What hapened with your web site???
fab24
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por fab24 »

yep I come from there and we had a couple of spanish drivers too....well the site was suddenly closed by the admin without even a word,it happened some months ago....one tuesday night I tried to connect to the server for the championship race and there was no more....luckily enough some of the guys belonged to another league which made our server available to go on with NASCAR so we all moved there and put together a new season....check it out

http://www.evoxproject.com/

the new season has just started,tomorrow we'll be racing round 3...if some of you might want to turn left just let me know :D
fab24
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por fab24 »

guys sorry to bother you again,I'm just trying to give some help and make my doubts clear :blush:

yesterday I've assembled the programmer and loaded the firmware onto the pic and apparently all went well...

now I'm starting with the control board and looking at the new schematics I've found something that doesn't match the fotolito pictures
in the new schematics C1,C2,C3 get connected to pin 17 and GND,that means pin 17 goes to GND as well.....following the tracks on the fotolito image pin 17 is not connected to GND

I'm waiting for a reply before lighting up my soldering station :) ,thx in advance
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

I don't know the real answer but if you are watching the Schematics by Noalone, you must to compare with the "fotolitos" from Noalone.

Calvorota has made his schematics and PCB planes before, and Noalone have do his own evolution from this.
noalone
Piloto de Pruebas
Piloto de Pruebas

Mensaje por noalone »

in the schematic, the condensor C1,c2,c3 aren´t connected to pin 17, in the pcb yo can show this.

in 1 hour re-upload a new package with a new schematic.
vincebc
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Re: ENGLISH FORUM. Type here your posts.

Mensaje por vincebc »

Hello, finally I started to make my diy xr.
I already made the control board but I have a question about the position of the side LED on the display board.
It's not the same on the both version (Calvorota and Noalone).

I made some test with the Gaboni's TestVisu software on a trial board (Calvorota version). It seems correct, except two led inverted on left side.
It's a program mistake?
Última edición por vincebc el 09 Nov 2009 15:11, editado 1 vez en total.
noalone
Piloto de Pruebas
Piloto de Pruebas

Mensaje por noalone »

no is a program mistake, Is a my error, but I think that it don´t have important

however i correct this error this afternoon.

bye
vincebc
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por vincebc »

Yes, the LED position of your version is completely different. But on my display test board (made on the Calvorota model), with TestVisu, there are only the two left LED wrong.

I think it don't have importance too, because we will be able to configure each led by soft. But it just to be equal to TestVisu.

My control board works perfectly :oks: except the recognition problem with Seven (with xp, it's ok).
Now, I will begin the display board.
noalone
Piloto de Pruebas
Piloto de Pruebas

Mensaje por noalone »

this afternoon/night re-upload the new schematic

update: crobol have the new package, version 1.4
vincebc
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por vincebc »

Finally (after two display board) I finished my displayxr, all display and led work :aplausoup:
I tried with rfactor, and it's ok.

Now, I try to add it in the game controller of my seven but without success for the moment.
I tried with the leo drivers (it don't install) and modified drivers(saitek gamepad, adapter ps2-usb) that seem install but nothing appears in the controller list.
I made registry modification too, no result...
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

We are talking in other thread about this. At the moment under W7 only the info displays and leds works but not the button controller and we don't know why cause no idea how W7 works or what's different from XP..... :?

If you find a solution it will be great you share with us... :roll:
fab24
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por fab24 »

BOYS !!!!......I can't believe my eyes.....it works,IT WORKS !!!! :aplausoup: :aplausoup:

I'm so happy,thank you all for this amazing stuff and your support :alabar: :alabar:
you're a great bunch of guys,indeed.....thank you again.
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

Ok mate, but if it works post an image or video here... :oks:
Nye
Primera conducción sin ayudas
Primera conducción sin ayudas
Contactar:

Mensaje por Nye »

Glad to see you made it Fab :cheers:

I just hope to have the time to finish my own work with the software. I feel I'm letting down the whole thing with my lack of free time :(
flyer
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por flyer »

I think that McLaren brand is a registered brand worldwide, same for PCU-6C registered TM.
Did you guys asked permission to use those big logos ?
Maybe in Spain there are different laws about the international copyright... who can know ?
Yes i agree, is a DIY project, not "an article to sell"... just a PCB to sell...
Please guys, share with us the part list with components cost and, do i need some MCU programmer for put the firmware ?
I noticed another particular... it's an HID device with USB 2.0 connection, did you guys paid USB.org asking for uniques VID and PID (VendorID, ProductID) for your device ? If not, you choosed a VID and PID combination random... so a unlegal USB device that can create conflict with other USB pheripherals ! Last but not at least, which precautions are used about EMC ? Do that unit prevent/regulate the electro-magnetic emissions ?? 48Mhz (USB 2.0 freq) is a little bit high to forget the EMC...
Good job guys, and good luck with laws.

lol
willynovi
Piloto Histórico
Piloto Histórico
Volante: 100% DIY, prox. con FFB
Contactar:

Mensaje por willynovi »

flyer, I don´t understand wath you mean with McLaren Brand and PCU-6C, we don´t use it in any part of the display, only we said:
El proyecto se basa en hacer un clon del PCU-6C de Mclaren Electronics que usan todos los equipos de F1 desde la temporada 2008.
As you can read, it´s like a clon, as I know it´s not prohibit by law to do something very similar, if you see in details, they are diferents.
Yes i agree, is a DIY project, not "an article to sell"... just a PCB to sell...
You can´t buy the PCB, you can build it yourself, or take it made from someone else.
Please guys, share with us the part list with components cost and, do i need some MCU programmer for put the firmware.
All the info to build it are here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=5238
And yes you need a MCU programmer, like JDM and a soft like WinPic800.
I noticed another particular... it's an HID device with USB 2.0 connection, did you guys paid USB.org asking for uniques VID and PID (VendorID, ProductID) for your device ?
It´s based on Microchip´s MCU 18F4550, as I know, Microchip provide PID and VID for free, so you can use them freely.
Last but not at least, which precautions are used about EMC ? Do that unit prevent/regulate the electro-magnetic emissions ?? 48Mhz (USB 2.0 freq) is a little bit high to forget the EMC...
It´s made as it, you use it under your own risk.

regards, Willy
alvaro_pasto
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Volante: Logitech G27
Frex Shift+
Contactar:

Mensaje por alvaro_pasto »

flyer escribió:I think that McLaren brand is a registered brand worldwide, same for PCU-6C registered TM.
Did you guys asked permission to use those big logos ?
Maybe in Spain there are different laws about the international copyright... who can know ?
Please guys, share with us the part list with components cost and, do i need some MCU programmer for put the firmware ?
I noticed another particular... it's an HID device with USB 2.0 connection, did you guys paid USB.org asking for uniques VID and PID (VendorID, ProductID) for your device ? If not, you choosed a VID and PID combination random... so a unlegal USB device that can create conflict with other USB pheripherals ! Last but not at least, which precautions are used about EMC ? Do that unit prevent/regulate the electro-magnetic emissions ?? 48Mhz (USB 2.0 freq) is a little bit high to forget the EMC...
Good job guys, and good luck with laws.

lol
Please, stop repeating the same message on every forum.
Alvaro Vazquez
#15 Top-Racing
Responder