ENGLISH FORUM. Type here your Questions

Toda la información relacionada con el DisplayXR.

Moderador: XRStaff

hoopstar

Re: DisplayXR - English Forum. Type here your posts.

Mensaje por hoopstar »

crobol escribió:
Nye escribió:viewtopic.php?p=49845#p49845
Follow this link and .......
Read the Creative Commons License. Thanks :D
Does this mean I can not have the PCB's reproduced and supply them to others at cost price?

Hoops
Nye
Primera conducción sin ayudas
Volante: G25
Contactar:

Mensaje por Nye »

This means you cannot make business of anything on this project or derivatives.

- You are not allowed to charge more that cost price.
- Those who get the PCBs from you must know that this is a DIY project.
- You must make them aware of this site and who are the ones in front of it.
- You can modify everything you like, but if you do so, you'll have to share your idea/project in the same way we do... Under the same Creative Commons License.

Other than that.... go ahead ;)
hoopstar

Mensaje por hoopstar »

I am having problems programming the PIC..!!

I can successfully program a 16F84A PIC (Using a JDM style programmer), so I know that the programmer is working. I can read out the device type when I have the 18F4550 PIC wired up (as per this wiring diagram: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/ ... ia_PIC.png) and if I do a "Hardware Test" in WINPIC800, it confirms that "Hardware OK".

The programmer seems to be programming and displays this at the end of the programming cycle:

Imagen

If I then verify that the PIC is programmed, I get the following error:

Imagen

If I read out the contents of the PIC, it is blank.. so for some reason this is failing??

Has anyone experienced that same thing or have any suggestions??

EDIT: Further to this, I have just tried programming the PIC with another hex file designed for the 18F4550 and it programmed and verified OK..??
Nye
Contactar:

Mensaje por Nye »

Not my piece of cake, but I saw that the other day:
Q: ¿es normal que si le das al botón del winpic800 "verificar todo" salga un error de verificación casi al final de la comprobación?

A: Sí, porque el firmware viene compilado de forma que protege al PIC contra la lectura del mismo. De todas formas, el WinPIC800 va verificando según programa, así que no debería suponer un problema.
The Firmware is Read protected so it will not pass the verifying process.
hoopstar

Mensaje por hoopstar »

Nye escribió:Not my piece of cake, but I saw that the other day:

The Firmware is Read protected so it will not pass the verifying process.
Thanks Nye - REALLY appreciate your help..!!

I will connect up the PIC and try to see if it is recognised by Windows.

Hoops
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Volante: DFP
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

Hi Hoopster, If you have success with this Display you can try to build your own game controller and you do not need LeoBodnar any more... :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5696&start=0
KiwiRacer
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por KiwiRacer »

Hi All

I also are having the above issue when programming the pic in says it has completyed the job but will not verify, ok hex may be protected as i read above but when inserted in xr dispaly & pluged into pc it say unrecognized ubs device.
Any help would be great.
hoopstar

Mensaje por hoopstar »

crobol escribió:Hi Hoopster, If you have success with this Display you can try to build your own game controller and you do not need LeoBodnar any more... :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5696&start=0
Hi Crobol..

Hopefully I am not too "stupid" to build this display because I think it is fantastic..!! :aplausoup:

Hoops
Nye
Contactar:

Mensaje por Nye »

KiwiRacer escribió:Hi All

I also are having the above issue when programming the pic in says it has completyed the job but will not verify, ok hex may be protected as i read above but when inserted in xr dispaly & pluged into pc it say unrecognized ubs device.
Any help would be great.
It all depends on your OS/system configuration.
It's been said in the Spanish topics that it looks like this firmware does not like Vista and Seven. 99% no problems with XP.

This is not a problem for the interaction between the programs that use the build in protocol. It can be used with PD Display 2 and the test program made by Gaboni no matter what OS you are using.

The problem is found if you are trying to use the game controller functionalities provided by the firmware.
There's the will to find a fix, and it will be found sooner or later, but 'no cookie' yet.
hoopstar

Mensaje por hoopstar »

KiwiRacer escribió:Hi All

Any help would be great.
Hi KiwiRacer

I have connected up my PIC (despite failing verification etc during programming) and XP does recognise the device as connected and PD Display V2 also recognises it.. One thing that you should check is that ALL supply rails are connected (pins 11, 12, 31 and 32) and that a 470pf capacitor is connected to pin 18 (Vusb).

I have notice is that once or twice, the device has intermittantly become "unrecognised". This may be due to the PIC being in a breadboard and some leads (ie. USB data lines) being a little longer than they should be or that I am using a 100pf cap on pin 18 instead of the 470pf..??

I am still waiting for my displays, shift registers etc to arrive from Futurelec so that I can fully check the displays operation but will keep you posted on how things turn out.
If you want, you are welcome to send me a PIC and I can program it, verifiy it connects and then return it to you (I am assuming you're in NZ, so it's not far/expensive for postage) if that helps out.

Hoops
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

English and French translations included on the compilation topic.

They are Google translations, so use the tools to correct some mistakes if you detect not accurate translation parts . Thanks.
fab24
Espectador
Espectador
Volante: DFP custom made F1 wheel

Re: English Forum. Type here your posts.

Mensaje por fab24 »

hi fellaz I've been surfing around your forum since a long time and now i feel I'm ready to start with building the cool thing :dribble:

a couple of years ago I built a F1 cockpit and a custom wheel on a DFP base and now I''d like to made a new wheel with your display....since the cockpit is made upon real measurements (taken from FIA regulation),the wheel needs to be removed in order to get in and out of it....you can take a look at it here

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=328166

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=321865

now that's my question....could it be possible to add to your board a transmitter/receiver to get the board working without the usb cable ? I mean something like a cordless keyboard or mouse,which is the way my wheel has been working so far

thx for your efforts guys,this display is awesome :aplausoup:
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

fab24 escribió:....could it be possible to add to your board a transmitter/receiver to get the board working without the usb cable ?
I have no idea if data can be send to the Display with a wireless system, but you must also put electric power on the display and maybe batteries are not enough. It works with 5V but I don't how many A are needed.
Nye
Contactar:

Mensaje por Nye »

Oh boy.
Amazing job fab :alabar:

About the wireless question, I'm sorry but I have no clue.
As crobols says, I imagine it can be done.
Anyway, I guess it's way easier to find a good connector so you could power the whole thing and be able to send/receive the data on a wired base. You'll get less headaches ;)
Another chance could be to find an USB to USB wireless system. It would surpirse me if there's none around. But I bet the size will be too big for your project.
fab24
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por fab24 »

I've already tghought about a connector when I was building my steering wheel since the first idea was to hoocking up the buttons to the main board of the DFP,thus the cables should have been in the shaft,but I faced two sort of problems :scratchchin: :

1)the connector had to be a very strong one,considering that I drive almost every day,I plug and unplug the wheel at least 2/4 times a day....good quality = a lot of money

2)I should have been able to place both parts of the connector (male and female) into hub and shaft very precisely and firmly to allow the correct plugging....

at the end I got rid of headaches by removing the board from an old wireless desktop set and and putting it into the wheel,I assigned all rFactor commands (except throttle/brake) to keyboard and the wheel works like a remote control.... :graduado:

now,getting back to our display (sorry...yours :lengua: )....there is actually a device that allows to connect evey USB hardware to PC without usb cable,but as you said the transmitter is a bit too big to be implemented in the wheel and most of all it costs up to 60 €....
What including it in a wireless network with a router ? this way only the pendrive would be placed in the wheel,the problem is the power...could a battery set be enough ?
Nye
Contactar:

Mensaje por Nye »

Your idea looks a bit complicated under my point of view.
A pendrive should be needed, but also some kind of USB interface to power up the pen and 'translate' the sent network messages to the firmware. No idea if the PIC supports wi-fi. This solution needs the software to change the way it sends the data to the display using winsock instead of Hid.
I don't believe it can be done 'directly' just because the display has a USB connection and the pen has the same one.... but I could be wrong.

The display works at 5VDC and uses most of the maximum load of 500mA permitted to connect into a USB 2.0 port. So you can make your calculations on that basis for the batteries.
fab24
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por fab24 »

since I've already planned to install a WI-Fi network,I'm gonna try this solution,hopefully it won't catch fire :devil: ...if only I knew how many mA come out of batteries LOL :lol: ...on the packages (at least in italy) only the V output is indicated.....

well,I'm going too far :pillepalle: ,I've not even received the components to assemble the display yet... :dry:

thx for your replies Nye,I'll keep ya updated with my work,if you come out with some other ideas,please let me know.....

going to study spanish :cabezazos:
fab24
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por fab24 »

hi,here I am again...

looking at the schemes by Calvorota it looks like all anods of the rev leds are linked and connected to C5

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1ayTwi

I thought that they should be linke on their cathod and as a matter of fact if I look at the display board tracks

http://downloads.xtremeracers.info/XRdis ... v1.2.1.zip

they are linked by cathods...am I missing something ?
Gaboni
Aprendiendo a embragar manual
Aprendiendo a embragar manual

Mensaje por Gaboni »

fab24 escribió:looking at the schemes by Calvorota it looks like all anods of the rev leds are linked and connected to C5

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1ayTwi
This schematic is wrong. They must be linked by the cathodes... (as the Led segments of the displays).
Imagen
fab24
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por fab24 »

gracias amigo :D
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

Schemes corrected by Noalone. Thanks to advertise...

[Images deleted]
kikie

Mensaje por kikie »

I'm new here, my very first post. :chao:

I definitely want to build a DisplayXR but I'm a total layman when it comes to electronics and programming. :blush:

I only wish that it was possible to buy a fully working DisplayXR but as this is not the case, I'll have to do my best and build one myself. :scared:

I like smileys.

The manual to build this display has been translated in how many languages?
Última edición por kikie el 02 Nov 2009 08:10, editado 1 vez en total.
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

Sorry but we don't buy sell this display.
We have published all documentation for everyone who wants to try to build it.

The definitive manual is in process to be finished (lasts steps) but at the moment only in Spanish. Maybe someone can help us to translate it in other languages.

If you don't feel able to build yourself the DisplayXR, you can buy a comercial solution on http://www.LeoBodnar.com

Good Luck
alvaro_pasto
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Volante: Logitech G27
Frex Shift+
Contactar:

Mensaje por alvaro_pasto »

Crobol escribió:Sorry but we don't buy this display.
We dont sell de display :graduado:
Alvaro Vazquez
#15 Top-Racing
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

Oh! my god..... :ostras:

Has visto que bien me exclamo en inglés. Si ya lo tengo casi dominao... :lol:
Responder