I want to Build an Display XR but i dont know where to start

Toda la información relacionada con el DisplayXR.

Moderador: XRStaff

Responder
Cloudini5
Espectador
Espectador
Volante: G27

I want to Build an Display XR but i dont know where to start

Mensaje por Cloudini5 »

Hello, My name is Wesley :chao: , i recently joined this forum because of the DisplayXR,

i was googling for an F1 style Display to fit my Mclaren MP4/26 DIY Steeringwheel mod for my G27,
since i didnt like the shape/style of leo's SLI-pro i began to search on the internet more and more, and Found out about the Display xr wich looks awesome,

i want to make my F1 mclaren wheel as real as the real thing, so all the buttons on the same place and if it is possible 5 working Rotary Knobs and 2 rotary knitters for like example brake bias and so on,

how ever first things first, I do know basic Electro knowledge but im having hard time figuring where to begin on building an DisplayXR,
i have searched trough the forum a little bit, but ive found More Software than tutorials on building the display, and so far everything everything is in Spanish language wich i cant read :scratchchin:

I hope you guys could help me out a little bit, and maby this thread would become helpfull for other english users to !
Thank you very much ! and a
kind regard
Wesley :cheers:
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Volante: DFP
Contactar:

Re: I want to Build an Display XR but i dont know where to s

Mensaje por crobol »

Hi Wesley.

On this thread viewtopic.php?f=84&t=5238 you will find all the information needed to build a DXR and even a tutorial, but unfortunately nothing translated to English. I hope Google Translator will be a help. :?
Cloudini5
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por Cloudini5 »

hey Crobol, thanks for the reply,

im wondering, is there someone here on the forum who has an Spare PCB for sale? or
who is able to make PCB's and sell them,

maby someone on the forum is able to make me a set of pcb's ? for my displayxr

thanks
Wesley :D
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

To build a PCB at home using DIY solutions is not complicated, or even try to find a friend near where you live with some experience on this kind of things.

Other people with no experience on this kind of jobs has build his own DXR.
Try it and think in the Obama's "Yes, we can" :D
Cloudini5
Espectador
Espectador

Mensaje por Cloudini5 »

hey crobol

after 2 months now i think ive tried to contact PCB factory's and people who make PCB's for hobby or home,

ive got people telling me they dont think they can make me a pair of pcb's because there are via's or (lines) to close to each that they are scared it will hit togetter or something, im not sure but it seems to be an difficult progress to make the PCB boards, ive downloaded some kind of Gerber zip files somewere from this forum.

think i need help :(
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

There's few kind of PCB planes, Gerber for industrial build and others for homemade.
The homemade must to be done using a UV light source. They can't be done with the method of printing on a paper and transfer with the heat of an iron.

With the UV way, the lines can be thin and close.

http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/10/31/uv- ... re-system/
Responder