GDXR - [Questions in English]

Otros sistemas para obtener Displays. (Software, plugins...etc)

Moderador: XRStaff

kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista
Volante: G27

GDXR - [Questions in English]

Mensaje por kain77 »

hello .. then Crobol better in English ... thanks
I assembled the circuit on the breadboard, the pic programmed with winpic, I have not mounted leds but I do not think this is the problem ... the screen turns on but I can not display anything.
ricontrollatoil circuit and I feel right I have a LCD KS0108.
thanks
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Volante: DFP
Contactar:

Re: Display LCD USB para rFactor

Mensaje por crobol »

kain77 escribió:I assembled the circuit on the breadboard, the pic programmed with winpic, I have not mounted leds but I do not think this is the problem ... the screen turns on but I can not display anything.
Have You installed the DLL on the rfactor/plugin folder?
Have You launched the USBrfactorSW45.exe?

I hope some one with better knowledge of this project than me can help you.
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

Crobol escribió:
kain77 escribió:I assembled the circuit on the breadboard, the pic programmed with winpic, I have not mounted leds but I do not think this is the problem ... the screen turns on but I can not display anything.

I'm sorry but ... but I'm forced to put the plug in and run the program, and the other rfactor, not 'on the LCD that you can see it all the same (speed oil etc) but at a value of 0
thanks
pflanzgarten
Recien salido a pista
Recien salido a pista
Volante: Logitech Formula Force GP
Contactar:

Mensaje por pflanzgarten »

Crobol escribió:

Hi...

This seems that "contrast" circuit is wrong. Take a look to this part.

A suggest... begin with LEDs side. Plug, at least, a couple of them.

When you plug the USB to PC... all the LEDs must turn on and then, when Windows enumerates the HID Device, the LEDs turn OFF. The first time is longer because win don't have in the USB DEVICES "Disply rFactor". The next times this blink must take about a half of second.

Mr Crobol :D ... the circuit works without run any Rfactor related software...

A few seconds after plug in the USB cable, we must get this image:

Imagen

Por cierto... creo que entre esta tarde y mañana tendré terminada mi versión con placa de topos. Si consigo hacer un video decente, os lo subo al tutubo.
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

In fact, I put only the display part .. but when I connect my usb stays on (I can only change the contrast) but then do not I see nothing .... the chip and 'tried to rewrite it again but nothing ....
pflanzgarten
Recien salido a pista
Recien salido a pista
Contactar:

kain77 escribió:In fact, I put only the display part .. but when I connect my usb stays on (I can only change the contrast) but then do not I see nothing .... the chip and 'tried to rewrite it again but nothing ....
Don't worry, only an inverted polarity on 1 and 2 pins of GLCD may burn it. Check if PIC is alive first ...

Probably you have some data or control wire changed. Check wire correspondance betwen GLCD pins and PIC pins.

Beginning with a couple of LEDs is usefully, because this shows if PIC is alive. In Software Computer developing we tell this test the "Hello World Test".

There is another test to view if PIC is alive.

Download this program: USBDeview and look for "Display RFactor"

If the circuit is connected, USBDeview must show on green Display RFactor, "yes" in "conected" column, and still permanently in this state.

Excuseme... i'm in work now and i can't do real tests. i'll be at home this afternoon. I don't have Messenger. My Twitter alias is @mariovc63.
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

pflanzgarten escribió:
kain77 escribió:In fact, I put only the display part .. but when I connect my usb stays on (I can only change the contrast) but then do not I see nothing .... the chip and 'tried to rewrite it again but nothing ....
Don't worry, only an inverted polarity on 1 and 2 pins of GLCD may burn it. Check if PIC is alive first ...

Probably you have some data or control wire changed. Check wire correspondance betwen GLCD pins and PIC pins.

Hello then I think that pic is alive .. why I launched the prog in the package for LEDs .. and says online
The double-checked the circuit .. pin to pin, and I think affixed.
Maybe you and 'misspelled pci .. There winpic use 'to put some setting?
however, I feel well the program
thanks
pflanzgarten
Recien salido a pista
Recien salido a pista
Contactar:

I have a GTP-USB and WinPic800 too

i'l put this afternoon a prtscr of data screen and fuses screen.
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

I use a serial programmer ..
Ok try again tonight lchip schedule and put the LEDs then check if everything goes ..

For the moment, thanks to everyone and enjoy the rest of the aid
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

Hello I have since reprogrammed the chip .. the program tells me the display connected, the computer told me ready hardware alluded homesso 2 LEDs and remain always on display and while the 'on but do not see anything. but I'm forced to turn to see something rfactor?
thanks
pflanzgarten
Recien salido a pista
Recien salido a pista
Contactar:

No, if the program show "Display Conectado" on GREEN and still in this state, PIC is working and USB protocol is established.

i finished my unit this afternoon and works fine.

i followed this schema:

Imagen

and HEX file from the downloaded package.

Can you repeat me with other words what happend with LEDs?

Can you take some pictures of your protoboard?

Can you take some video of the board about 30 second since the moment when you plugin the USB?

Hay alguien español que lo esté montando? Me extraña mucho que aún no lo haya montado nadie. No es tan difícil. Yo lo tenía a medias y lo he acabado mientras el capullo de Vettel hacía otra pole con ese coche que tiene que parece de otra categoría. No he tenido tiempo de grabar un vídeo, pero mañana lo intentaré.

kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

ok the only thing different was the connection of the LEDs .. now following your pattern after a couple of seconds then turn on off .. the program tells me connected display but then you do not see anything.
and 'too much to ask is can you give me the HEX file for the pic.?
thanks
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

through programmed with your exe but nothing to do .. the display is on but I do not see anything, the LEDs light up but I have just usb connection then more 'anything.
Perhaps there is' some setting on the programmer to set up .. use winpic
thanks
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

hello .. sorry if I misunderstood .. you have to connect the LEDs tuti I ... I only put 2 LEDs for test ...
even if you do not connect all the glcd wrong. I understand.
The program tells me connected display.
thanks

traducido con google
hola .. lo siento si no he entendido bien .. tienes que conectar los LEDs tuti yo ... yo sólo poner dos LEDs para la prueba ...
incluso si no se conectan todos los GLCD mal. Entiendo.
El programa me dice que conecta la pantalla.
gracias
pflanzgarten
Recien salido a pista
Recien salido a pista
Contactar:

no, even if you connect only one LED the circuit must work. At fact, LEDs are not important. There are only outputs and if you don't connect it, PIC works normally.

Please, check ALL GLCD connections... the control pins (reset, E, R/W, D/I, CS1, CS2) the Data Pins, the power pins and the contrast circuit.

The HEX file posted this morning, works fine.

Are you sure that your GLCD is a KS0108 based GLCD?

Please, as you can see, my english is poor... answer me without contractions and all of the articles. :wink:
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

hello my lcd and then the 'measures of http://www.sure-electronics.com/goods.php?id=862 electronics and corresponds to a ks0107, now I doubt there is a display of backwards compatibility this evening ... rechecking the connections
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

I ordered another 2 18F4550 .. and before taking another display .. I wanted to know if it's okay to use a ks0107 glcd or force you to use a glcd KS0108.
thanks
pflanzgarten
Recien salido a pista
Recien salido a pista
Contactar:

Imagen

Don't worry about display compatibility. KS0107/KS0108 are the same thing. There are a chipset. KS0107 is the GPU and KS0108 is the LCD controller. There are a KS0108 for each 64x64 pixel. You can see on the right side of this image the back side of the GLCD. There are tree black blister. One is the KS0107 and the other two are KS0108s.

Be carefull about a different GLCD; specially if the manufacturer is DisplayTech. I have a GLCD at home that VEE (Supply Voltage for LCD Drive) is tied to ground. I don't understand why because a LCD needs about -10V to work.

Connect the circuit and test voltage between grownd and 18 pin . You must get about -10v.

if no, you need a 7660 (DIL) chip to get it. I don't know where are you from. In Madrid, is easy to find this chip (2€)
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

I have the display is identical to the pdf that there 'in the package that was posted back pages of one of the LM106 .. SURE you do not see anything on but at this point I think it comes from the micro 18F4550 ... even if I turn on the LEDs work rfactor .. it seems strange. thanks

in Italy is difficult to find the displays glcd KS0108 .. ebay should only
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Re: GDXR - [Questions in English]

Mensaje por kain77 »

well i have got new pic .. and now it works .. the pic that I have had some line burned .. well now it works then I'll try rfactor
thanks alll
ernespeed
Piloto de Pruebas
Piloto de Pruebas
Volante: Ferrari F1 '09, GP2 2011

Mensaje por ernespeed »

Congrats!!!!!!
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

one could ask them to someone who can help me .. I wanted to know if this works are the simulators of SimBin0 and possibly through f1 2011 and dirt3
crobol
Maestro al volante
Maestro al volante
Volante: DFP
Contactar:

Mensaje por crobol »

Sincerly, I don't think it will be developed a plugin for other titles. Almost at the moment.
Sorry.
pflanzgarten
Recien salido a pista
Recien salido a pista
Contactar:

Me cuesta mucho contestar en ingles, así que, en castellano :?

Cuando la versión de RFactor, tanto el Software como el Hardware, estén consolidadas, intentaremos mover los hilos para ver si la gente correspondiente nos hace el favor de adaptar el software a GTR2 y GTRE.

Admin... Si te atreves a traducirlo, tienes mi permiso para editar este mensaje.
When GDXR display will be hard tested and consolidated (Hard, soft, and rF plugin), we will try to contact others interested on develop plugins to some other Sim Titles.
kain77
Mecánico de Pista
Mecánico de Pista

Mensaje por kain77 »

soon as I finish the design and testing will post the mounting plate for the g27 then if someone can 'be of interest ... so be it ....
thanks also for the cocpit that I've made ​​.. starting as a base from zalem ...

Imagen
Responder